When preparing for a move, we often overlook things that would have made the move easier, whether in town, or out of the state or country. Go through this checklist for the many common but often overlooked things that should be done before moving.
- Send Change of Address Cards to : Post Office, Charge Accounts, Subscriptions, Friends, Relatives, Financial Planner, Church/Temple/Synagogue, Clubs, Civic Organizations
- Make arrangements with Moving Company
- Disconnect utilities, get refund for any deposits made, and advise where final bills are to be sent: Water, Electric, Gas, Telephone, Cable, TV, Water Softener Rental, Internet Service Provider, Other
- Cancel deliveries Newspapers, Schwanns, Other
- Transfer Bank Accounts Checking, Savings, Safe Deposit Box:
- Have bank recommend affiliate in new city
- Transfer Memberships: Church/Temple/Synagogue, Clubs, Civic Organizations
- Notify Insurance Companies Health, Life, Auto, Home Owners
- Check with insurance agent on coverage of life, car and household goods in route to new home.
- Obtain school records for children
- Obtain birth and baptismal records for all family members
- Obtain legal records
- Obtain a name of a new lawyer, accountant, doctor, dentist, financial planner, life insurance agent for your new area.
- Obtain Medical Records General Practitioner, Dentist, Optometrist, Orthodontist, Other
- Have drug prescriptions refilled.
- Have car tune-up for trip.
keys and any necessary legal papers with Terry at